Ozone closets

Kwood

Anyone using ozone to prep their hunting clothing? I am a big believer in the power of ozone but for health reasons probably won't use a unit while I'm in tree.

I have ordered what I need to make a large ozone closet like the scent crusher closet, but a DIY model. Will post pictures of the build and post results.

Has anyone else done this so far? This will be my project next weekend before hunting this cold front expected in IL.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I purchased an ozone generator and two clothes rack and built a stand alone closet in my detached shop for this reason alone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bought a scent crusher bag this year. I've not hunted enough to say it works but it surely puts out ozone. The cloths are engulfed in it. Gotta believe I'll be happy this fall.

I plan to use it and run two ozonics. Put one on each side of tree. 100% confident this works

I have a 12x12 room that I've made. "air tight" by weather stripping the doors where I keep all of my hunting gear. I use a 4500mg ozone generator I got off of Amazon last year. This was the same time I quit using all of the "scent control" products you see on the shelf and switched to a product made here locally here in Mississippi. Coupled with the ozone generator I haven't been winded yet (knock on woods). I believe in both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I just use heavy duty contractor garbage bags. I fill it about half way with clothes and then stick the ozone hose in it. I give the bag a shake every 10 minutes or so to disperse the ozone. I put the treated clothes in tubs after they are treated.
I think the best use for the ozone unit is to deodorize the inside of rubber boots. It does neutralize foot odor that is in the boots.

I started using the garbage bags on hunting trips away from home. Cheap, easy and very portable.
I liked it so much that I do it that way at home now, too.

Last edited:
I just use heavy duty contractor garbage bags. I fill it about half way with clothes and then stick the ozone hose in it. I give the bag a shake every 10 minutes or so to disperse the ozone. I put the treated clothes in tubs after they are treated.
I think the best use for the ozone unit is to deodorize the inside of rubber boots. It does neutralize foot odor that is in the boots.

I started using the garbage bags on hunting trips away from home. Cheap, easy and very portable.
I liked it so much that I do it that way at home now, too.
How long do you run the generator in the bag? What model do you have?

Last edited:
How long do you run the generator in the bag? What model do you have?
I own a Log6 ozone generator but I don't think that they are still in business.
My machine has a timer knob on it. Can't remember if a cycle is 20 or 30 minutes. I run 1 cycle per bag.
I also deodorize the cab of my truck. I run ozone in there with the heater and fan on high with the air set on recirc. (Not while I'm in it, of course).
It really freshens up the vehicle inside.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We are looking at making ozone totes and maybe even a closet. Should have somewhere between $70-80 in a plastic ozone tote and about $80-120 in a ozone closet. The ozone generator that looks almost identical to the one that scent crusher uses, is $50 on amazon. The totes are at your local Wally World. I found a waterproof portable closet on amazon last night for $50, but you can get cheaper versions for $20. If you are halfway decent with tools, you can make the tub in about 15 minutes.

Ozone Generator
Portable Closet

This is the tote that Walmart sells- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-40-Gallon-151-Liter-Wheeled-Industrial-Tote/48194359

This is the ScentCrusher tote-https://scentcrusher.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/sc-tote-0917-2.jpg

Last edited:
I use a large tote as well. I just drilled a hole in the top and run the hose into it and run it for 30 minutes, shake 2-3x during the cycle.
Little piece of duct tape covers the hole when I'm finished.
Cheap and seems to be effective.
I give it a nice dose of activated carbon powder as well and shake the hole tote. Not sure which one makes the most difference, but I sure like the combo :)

I made an almost airtight 6.6'x5'x2' closet that I put an ozone generator in that I got off of amazon. It has a horizontal rod for hanging clothes and wire shelving to allow air movement. The negative that has been experienced is any elastic is ruined with multiple exposures. My 36 underwear turns into 48". :)

We dress out of it and undress into it for each hunt. Since using it I have experienced some amazing deer down wind situations that prior I was busted on. I still hunt the wind but the deer that don't read the script and come in from the wrong direction have kept on coming.

My wife was very skeptical of my purchase and plan but now is a believer that ozone makes a difference.

Nose jammer has been added to the scent regiment and no negatives have occurred.

Back