New pack for the treestand?

E_308

I have a Badlands Superday pack that I have been taking to the stand for years. It works great when I pack extra layers or all of the kids stuff but most of the time it is too much pack for what I take with me. I am in the market for something smaller that is handier in the stand. On a typical sit I need room for:
Binos
Rangefinder
headlamp
small flashlight
knife
folding saw
EZ hanger
Themacell
Water bottle
snacks
Grunt call
Wind checker

Anybody using something they really like?

I'd love to be able to pack so lite, I just cant seem to do it. I have a Badlands sacrifice and it never feels like enough. I feel like this is what I look like going out for an afternoon in the stand.FB_IMG_1471815422974.jpg

I bought a Blacks Creek pack and carry everything you listed plus a coffee thermos and it has a bow holder on it also. I got it about 10 years ago and it carries the Mathews name on it. It is lost camo. I use this pack for archery and rifle season. Best pack I have ever owned.

I ended up with this:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Herters-reg-Deluxe-Blind-Bag/1389468.uts?searchPath=/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=herters+bag&CQ_st=b

Had it on sale in another camo pattern for 19.99. Drug it around to stands this weekend. Not as convenient on the way in as the Badlands pack, but it takes up a lot less space too. Just enough room for the stuff listed above and an extra sweatshirt. The wife calls it my new purse!:rolleyes:

I use that exact bag as my waterfowl bag, works really well, no complaints

I have tried several packs. I use them obviously for deer hunting but also two weeks in the elk mountains every year. I have a badlands that I have handed down to my daughter, she uses it some. For our deer hunting we have gone to the Bison Gear Scout Haversack. My daughter has one in Grey and I have one in Mossy Oak. It is perfect for carrying stuff to a deer stand and hanging on a hook and having all my things handy. Works even better for our shooting houses in gun season. I have their outfitter pack with shoulder straps that is my elk hunting pack and does some deer hunting. They make quality stuff and will customize it how you want if you have other ideas. I previously owned a First Trip Explorer that I customized. I used it 10 years before going with the outfitter for elk season. I tended to carry too much stuff in it and wanted to downsize. Not claiming they are the best packs in the world, just what I use and like. http://www.bisongearonline.com/catalog/item/2962908/9164718.htm

Back