Multi crowned Pasja Hybrid brassica

Bigeight

Anyone dealt with this seed variety ? I see Welters offers a mix that is very similar to what I usually do myself, but they add this variety to the mix. Never heard of it??

Anyone tried this ??

I did email them to see what RATE they have their mix at. Hopefully someone on here has dabbled in that variety and has some feedback to share. I'll post the rate at which they do their mix at. Might be a good one and save us a few bucks if you use something comparable...:)

Just my reading, but does a brassica made for summer grazing (it can regrow for multiple grazings) tie into a mix of purple top turnips. radishes that should maybe be planted at a later date?

Grazing Management Allow at least 5-6 weeks before initial grazing of Pasja and then expect to re-graze at approximately monthly intervals. Graze no lower than 4” if you desire multiple grazings. Overgrazing can damage the crown and should be avoided. For best palatability, graze Pasja before it flowers. Pasja is a product of Wrightson Seeds of New Zealand

I would maybe think about planting it by itself...I wonder if you could mow it to simulate grazing if the deer don'
t eat enough

I read that too. I just never know what people's intentions are with mixes like This? Some of those things might be a magnet added in a mix even though they aren't used like they were supposed to be used. Others are just a random filler that you don't get any value from with a mix like I would do planted at the end of July???

Actually this may extend to the plot preference to the earlier season...i.e they could hit the Pasja early and then the tunips etc, after the frost.

Could see where this may help during that early bow season that I don't tend to think about since I don't bow hunt.

That's what the radishes do for Me, but these might be an added bonus as well. Might try it for a couple acres and see how it compares. Could steal an extra month or so of real attraction with that addition to the mix. Thanks for the input. Hopefully someone on here has seen them actually grow !!

So basically it is a forage turnip. Just grows quick and can handle grazing pressure. Don’t see that as a downfall in a brassica mixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Could be a really nice addition. I do like that 5# (ish)/acre of GHFR in my plots. I may use their mix, and just toss in an extra 2-3# of radishes to it and see how it compares.
Any thoughts if I will stunt my growth by bumping it up??

Here is the rates they emailed me with for their mix:

Purple top turnips : 1

Multi crowned Pasja Hybrid brassica: 2

Ground hog forage radish: 2

Dwarf Essex rape: 2

Back