Lookin for Swamp White Oak

wbpdeer

I am looking for 40 to 50 Swamp White Oak. I will gladly pay a reasonable price for these.

Not a good year in my area as the harsh late freeze in the spring hurt most all of my trees. Translation - I have nothing to trade this fall.

Send me a message or reply to this post. My email address is out of commission since I have got hacked.

Wayne Pruett
Portland, TN 37148

I just looked and they still have them. I would also recommend to Wayne to get some Swamp Chestnut Oaks. My experience with them has been great.

*They bear at a young age
* They bear more reliably than any of my other native oaks
* A very high percentage of them are good nut producers if given adequate sunlight
* They are a preferred acorn for deer
* They are much later dropping than regular white oaks (November here) (Regular whites are dropping here right now)

Planning to check SWO trees around town today, I’ll let you know. Poor year for white oaks around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29bee1916a2062d437b064e9569f51b3.jpg

Found a few pounds, PM me your address if you’re interested in some.

Price is FREE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked and they still have them. I would also recommend to Wayne to get some Swamp Chestnut Oaks. My experience with them has been great.

*They bear at a young age
* They bear more reliably than any of my other native oaks
* A very high percentage of them are good nut producers if given adequate sunlight
* They are a preferred acorn for deer
* They are much later dropping than regular white oaks (November here) (Regular whites are dropping here right now)
They are also as tough as all get-out. Of the 30 oaks we planted in the spring of ‘22 we’ve struggled to keep 14 of them alive. ALL of the swamp whites have survived!

i was able to get some Swamp White Oak acorns. They appear to be in excellent shape.

Now I guess I will try to find some Swamp Chestnut Oak that Native Hunter suggested. Anyone knows a good source?

Thanks for reading this post and thanks for those that have replied. i have to imagine if I am looking then others are likely in the same frame of mind.

Back