Just a few miscellaneous recent pics

Great shots Native. The fawns in the first picture look very large for this time of year. What date do your fawns start getting born? And that is a dandy of a buck as well. He looks to have some serious weight on him. Looks like the one doe took a hard hit.

Great shots Native. The fawns in the first picture look very large for this time of year. What date do your fawns start getting born? And that is a dandy of a buck as well. He looks to have some serious weight on him. Looks like the one doe took a hard hit.

Love the dancing fawn pics!

Nice pics Native. That first pair of fawns do look huge compared to where my fawns are right now.

Thanks guys. I like posting trail cam pics, but it seems like no one does it much anymore.

Yes, I thought those fawns looked very mature myself. Our peak breeding here is generally around the first week in November, but I know that its possible for some breeding to happen earlier. It makes me feel good to see them so fat and healthy.

I wish those does wouldn't fight like that, but the hormones flow hard with fawns around. The best I can tell I have two sets of twins and a single, but I can't catch the two sets of twins at the same time on camera. But as noted, one set looks much older. Where they fight is a small little plot near the best cover and a pond - so it figures that they all want close to that.

Thanks for looking.

Cool pics! That's a dandy buck you have there!

Here's some twin fawns I have this year. 2nd year in a row I have a doe with twins.
b980785d5184b58295d4edffd4205d6a.jpg

3a8afa89cd12ba2dc1e49c9e44e041ab.jpg

c5f81d40a1b50e3caaf8e0859bf21e85.jpg

Great pics NH! I like to see twins as much as a big buck, just shows future potential!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I agree. Fawns are the bucks of the future. There is a set of twin fawns on my place now. I have done camera surveys since 2011 and have never had a set of twins on camera survey in September. Will be interesting to see if both of these make it that far. Saw them this evening in my Eagle Seed Soybeans.

Thanks guys. Last year I had my first set of triplets. I think providing good nutrition and keeping the coyote pressure off by hunting them hard makes a big difference.

We have really been hard on the yotes the last few years. I know they can rebound easily, but this fawning season I've not had a single yote picture around the fawning area of my place. That could also have something to do with the Wicked Witch of the West being on guard. What yote in his right mind would want to mess with her....:D

Last edited:
Back