John Deere 7000 Corn Planters

JDunham

Anyone have any experience with the John Deere 7000 corn planters. Looking at a 4 row conservation model, I just don't know anything about them. We have planted our corn with soybean in a mix and used a No-till drill the last several years. We would like to plant straight corn plots in some areas and have been toying with the idea of a corn planter. A planter that can be transported between properties is a must. How steep is the learning curve on one of these?

Not very steep. I have a 2 row 7100 that I used for the first time last year and it worked great. I recommend buying the manual from JD.

There is a definite learning curve (like any new piece of equipment, but it's not rocket science.

The 7000 JD planter is a great versatile piece of equipment which great for corn, soybeans, sunflowers, milo, etc. Things to consider are row width, no-til front coulters, what type of fertilizer set up ( liquid or dry) and what type of seed meters. Yes, by all means get the manual. JD made a ton of these planters and after market parts are readily available.

Back