John Deere 2030????

tyeager67

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased an old Deere 2030. Great machine and absolutely love it!! I have one small problem, after running it for a while the hydraulics will start to fail. The previous owner had the same issue. After it rests for about 10 minutes it's back to running normal. I have checked and replaced the hydraulic fluid and checked the intake screen filter. Any other suggestions?? Anyone else ever run in to a similar problem with this tractor?

Thanks,

Tyler

Where was the "intake screen filter " located that you replaced? There are mutiple separate hydraulic filter screens on a JD 2030 and at least one of them is obviously clogging up and starving the pump for fluid. What happens is is when you shut the tractor off the debris that is causing the clog falls off after sitting for a while but then you fire it back up and the debris gets sucked back into the filter and you begin experiencing hydraulic failure again.

Where was the "intake screen filter " located that you replaced? There are mutiple separate hydraulic filter screens on a JD 2030 and at least one of them is obviously clogging up and starving the pump for fluid. What happens is is when you shut the tractor off the debris that is causing the clog falls off after sitting for a while but then you fire it back up and the debris gets sucked back into the filter and you begin experiencing hydraulic failure again.

The screen filter I removed and cleaned was on the right hand side of the tractor. Near the transmission case drain plug.

These tractors have the hydraulic filter inside a canister just below the right side running board. They also have a pick-up screen in the bottom of the transmission/rear end case.

How big was the filter you replaced?

These tractors have the hydraulic filter inside a canister just below the right side running board. They also have a pick-up screen in the bottom of the transmission/rear end case.

How big was the filter you replaced?
It was probably an 1 1/4" in diameter and around 7" long or so. It was pretty clean.

The screen filter I pulled out and cleaned was below the right side running board.

That would be the one I would have suspected would have been the issue. Labor wise I may look at pulling that screen again and cleaning it real good. If it sucked up additional debris from your brake linings it may clogged again even though you changed your hydraulic fluid. I know it's tough but you need to have all the tools ready to pull the screen as soon as you shut the tractor off and before the debris has a chance to fall back off into the hydraulic fluid so hustle on the clean up.

The next easiest one to look at would be the pick-up screen at the bottom of the transmission/rear end case.

Your last option to look at would be a blown seal/seals in the rockshaft valve.

I don't believe it's an air in the line issue since it only occurs after the tractor has been running for a while.

Back