Good day to burn

Drycreek

I had two big dead trees, one at the edge of my yard, and another that was on my fence line and leaning toward the highway. I had a professional tree guy take them down, cut them into pieces and I hauled them to a place I could burn them. While I was at it, I took down some young pine trees with my backhoe that had grown up in my fence line at the highway in prep for replacing the 25 year old fence.

We had a little rain last night so at 6:30 this morning I put a fire in it. One of the things I always enjoyed when I was running a dozer for a living was burning timber. I guess I’m a firebug at heart ! 😬IMG_3404.jpeg

We have been trying to burn 10 acres of clear-cuts since the beginning of the year. Either weather has not been right or we have not been able to get a crew together. Right now everything is too wet. Looks like we will be trying a mid or late growing season burn.

I had two big dead trees, one at the edge of my yard, and another that was on my fence line and leaning toward the highway. I had a professional tree guy take them down, cut them into pieces and I hauled them to a place I could burn them. While I was at it, I took down some young pine trees with my backhoe that had grown up in my fence line at the highway in prep for replacing the 25 year old fence.

We had a little rain last night so at 6:30 this morning I put a fire in it. One of the things I always enjoyed when I was running a dozer for a living was burning timber. I guess I’m a firebug at heart ! 😬View attachment 25591
........ and using the M6040 Kubota to punch the pile!

bill

I went to punch my fire this morning, and there wasn’t much to punch, so I hand picked up atound it and got it started again. IMG_1835.jpeg

Back