Fruit tree tool

I have one. Very rarely use it. It's ok for small scions and rootstock. Have to make sure the tool is centered absolutely perfect. When a perfect cut is made with the tool on both the scion and rootstock it does make a pretty fit. However, they are small cuts so there isn't a lot of cambium contact when compared to a knife made cut. I grafted 2 apples with it last year and 2 more this year and they made it. I used it on a small pear seedling this year and it didn't take. I wouldn't buy it again.

I have one. Very rarely use it. It's ok for small scions and rootstock. Have to make sure the tool is centered absolutely perfect. When a perfect cut is made with the tool on both the scion and rootstock it does make a pretty fit. However, they are small cuts so there isn't a lot of cambium contact when compared to a knife made cut. I grafted 2 apples with it last year and 2 more this year and they made it. I used it on a small pear seedling this year and it didn't take. I wouldn't buy it again.
thanks bill

Back