Fall planting has begun in Florida

Fought the rain all afternoon, but got 3 acres put in. First time I've plotted with a tiller. Sure makes a beautiful plot, but dang, it's excruciatingly SLOW compared to discing. Wanted to get a good grind of the burned weeds and grasses though.

Ever cultipacked in a downpour? Good times. Good times.

Had about 12 does check in on me throughout the day....so rewarding!

reduced IMG_5340.jpg reduced IMG_5342.jpg reduced IMG_5350.jpg reduced IMG_5353.jpg reduced IMG_5355.jpg

Finally got a new one acre swamp edge plot ready for lime. 40hrs on the Kubota ripping and pushing stumps. Way more work than I thought. Doesn't look like it will be ready this year...so disappointed...wanted to see it green.
reduced November (3).jpg
Walked up on this group feeding in one of our better looking plots:

reduced November (4).jpg
Sandy plot. Grows good Eagles when the deer aren't wiping them out though. Could use a little rain. ATV spreader went a little light on the seeding...he needs to be fired!:

reduced November (2).jpg
Deer left this plot when we disked up the clover to plant rye/oats. They have returned! :

reduced Nov 4 (7).jpg

Last edited:
Got lots of friends and family in Florida but I’ve never hunted there. Would like to kill a deer there some day just to say I did.

Work is never ending. Got my new feeder pole bear proofed. It's in the back corner of the canted picture...I really like that canted picture that the cam took as I was relocating it.

Herd is appreciating the plots and keeping them mowed down. Definitely have a good sized doe herd, so I need to take a couple this season for sure. One decent wide 7pt that is probably 4.5 y/o.

resized feeder pole.jpg resized Wide 6.jpg resized NN Main.jpg resized TCell herd.jpg

Back