Drought and Survival

Not sure about the floods as of yet, but there is a beautiful rain out today. Some of those spring thunder showers you dream about.

Wow, I can’t even imagine trying to baby a property through drought while dealing with that kind of distance. My hat’s off to you.

I Always assume drought and flood are just around the corner. I don’t have the capability to water. I have to get my water over the winter and trap it all with mulch. That goes for gardens too.

I’m gonna be about 5” deep in wood chips this year. Very good chance my soil never gets rain this year, and what does fall will hang up in the woods chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last fall and this spring I’ve been adding a second shot of wood chips to stuff that hadn’t been mulched in a couple years.

d8f5f0ffdfcf7e20e47ed3cb9d2c8076.jpg

26d507e130e4c6ad51e24bbe77237606.jpg

Well, the rain wasn’t quite as widespread as I thought, which I should be used to by now. We got 1.5” here at the house; 13 miles away at the farm we got less than a quarter. :(

Not a drop today, meteorologists are so inept. How can they be so bad at their jobs? I’m guessing tomorrow will be more of the same.

Not a drop today, meteorologists are so inept. How can they be so bad at their jobs? I’m guessing tomorrow will be more of the same.
People don’t expect weathermen to be right, at least I don’t. What good is a seven day forecast if they change it the second day ? We were supposed to get rain today but it all went N of us, but it took the tornado activity with it so I didn’t mind much. I planted three plots yesterday and the day before and the ground was plenty damp. I documented it in my “Leaning” thread. My home plot was nearly too wet to plant on the lower side.

I get anxious if I have less than 4 yards laying around. Had 18 brought in last fall and I’ve been hauling and spreading. Probably burned up a quarter of it already, and I’ve got more to do.

Back