Cabelas declining already

Bullwinkle

They have been my first stop for hunting gear. Always seemed to have a better selection than basspro. My last two purchases - gold tip kinetics arrows and grizzly tree steps I had to go to basspro to get them. I always bought these from Cabelas in the past

May need to change my credit card to basspro - the points are junk if they don't have what you want

I always had the utmost respect for Cabelas. Wasn't the cheapest but their products and service was great. Sad if this changes

It doesn't look good Bull. I had my first negative experience with Cabelas ever just this week. A call to Customer service--took thirty minutes plus to get an answer to my question. The answer was not especially customer friendly as it always was in the past either. The first lady lost me(left me hanging on the phone) and the second was very nice and got me the answers.
I'd say it was a management change in direction that isn't going to work for them.

I've stopped shopping at all big box stores. With free drop shipping just about anywhere you can find higher/equal quality at 85% of cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I buy local on everything I can possibly buy. There are a few things that I can't find local so I order direct from the manufacturers. Cameras and stands for the most part. I buy bows, arrows, broadhead and such from local shops and whatever I can't find at local shops or they can't carry I order direct from manufacturers. Most of the companies I use for these things haven't got too big for their britches yet so I can just call them up and place my orders. I own local retail shops so I know how the big box stores kill us and is my reasoning for buying local if possible. No Wally World for this guy if I can help it.

Bass Pro could've sold me a bow last summer. However, they would not let me sample shoot any. I had to pick what I wanted to buy first.

I went to a real archery shop about an hour away. Worth the drive.

Cabelas has always been horrible for customer service and selection here. Now that basspro owns them its gonna be worse. I prefer going to scheels as much as possible.

Bass Pro could've sold me a bow last summer. However, they would not let me sample shoot any. I had to pick what I wanted to buy first.

I went to a real archery shop about an hour away. Worth the drive.

To me you just can't beat the personal treatment you get from a local archery shop, gun shop and the like. You sure don't get that treatment at a box store. My archery shop wants you to shoot new bows and then when you decide on a bow they want you to shoot it until everything is set up the way you like it.

Nebraskaz71 isnt that ironic we live in the home state of Cabelas and have gotten use to poor service over the last few years! I agree on the small archery shops providing great service. I have had good experience with the Scheels stores, but like my local bow shop guy just as well. I am all in favor of keeping the little guys in business.

Back