Appraisals for landlocked timberland

In Oklahoma we do not have to give anyone motorized access to landlocked property. They can walk to it from the closest public road access point across whoever’s property is there but if that landowner doesn’t allow hunting they can’t carry a firearm. Before I bought the landlocked 10 I mentioned before I had told the owner he could walk along our west fence to get to his 10...he never did that I know of...
In our state the law says someone must give access to landlocked land. The owner has to pay fair market value for that access. These cases often end up in court and a judge decides the $ amount because the two sides can't agree. The party selling the right of way gets most of the say as to where it goes.

In our state the law says someone must give access to landlocked land. The owner has to pay fair market value for that access. These cases often end up in court and a judge decides the $ amount because the two sides can't agree. The party selling the right of way gets most of the say as to where it goes.
I think it’s very similar here.

Back