Another yote

Tap

2nd one. Both this summer.
130 yard hurry-up, moving shot from my porch (interrupted my breakfast just like the last one).
Man, that 5.56 shoots nice
f2e93a5e7de4ccb2527b451e20ad7db6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2nd one. Both this summer.
130 yard hurry-up, moving shot from my porch (interrupted my breakfast just like the last one).
Man, that 5.56 shoots nice
f2e93a5e7de4ccb2527b451e20ad7db6.jpg

You come shoot mine and I'll make breakfast for you.

Reactions: Tap
Yes indeed. Nice shooting.
Thanks.
Here's a surprising observation...
I shot him at 7:15 ish this morning and this evening, 12 hours later, several deer were feeding in the exact spot the coyote died. Yote stink and blood everywhere, (plus my scent which the deer seem used to) and these deer showed absolutely no signs of alarm.
When you guys figure out what spooks deer and what doesn't spook 'em, please share it with me.

Thanks.
Here's a surprising observation...
I shot him at 7:15 ish this morning and this evening, 12 hours later, several deer were feeding in the exact spot the coyote died. Yote stink and blood everywhere, (plus my scent which the deer seem used to) and these deer showed absolutely no signs of alarm.
When you guys figure out what spooks deer and what doesn't spook 'em, please share it with me.

You've already figured it out. They think it's okay for you to shoot yotes but not okay to shoot deer :)

Last edited:
Nice shot! what's the details on the rifle?
I'm a recurve guy and far from a firearm expert.
This isn't a high end gun, for sure.
It's a Mossburg MVP Series 5.56 with a bipod (which I love). It came with a Barska scope, which also isn't a high end product, but it gets the job done.
That bipod is great for shooting off the picnic table. I've shot groundhogs at 190 yards with factory loads.
I chose a 5.56 over a .223 because you can shoot .223 rounds in a 5.56 but not the other way around. Can't shoot 5.56 rounds in a .223
I'm sure there's the majority of guys on here that are way more refined than me with guns and own much better performers (for a lot more money), but this gun has killed over 100 groundhogs since I got it 5 years ago...plus 2 yotes

Back