Ammo

TheOldOak

Well, back to finding ammo in the popular calibers, 9MM and 45 ACP, hard to find.
MidwayUSA website message: "COVID-19 has impacted nearly every person and business around the world. MidwayUSA is no exception. Order volume has increased dramatically and we’re doing everything possible to process and ship orders quickly. Unfortunately, our current shipping backlog is 8+ days and increasing. For this, we’re truly sorry! To help serve Customers better and to ensure the health and safety of our Employees, here are some things we’ve done and some things we’d like you to know:
  1. We’ve placed Quantity Limits on many high demand products to allow as many Customers as possible the opportunity to order them.
  2. We plan promotions months in advance and order a specific amount of inventory at special prices to support them. Many high demand products in our March and April Flyers have already sold out. Since we don’t know when we’ll receive them again, we’re not allowing backorders on these products."
You can still find whatever you want on gunbroker, but looks like most prices are about 50% above what they were for 9MM and 45 ACP. .22 still readily available.

I have heard others tell me 9mm is scarce but I have not looked. Sounds like mainly handgun ammo is in short supply. I did buy a few more 5.56 rounds a few days ago but it was for plinking. They had several offerings at the time for 5.56 and .223 at Cabelas...

You have two possibilities:

1. In a few months the shelves will be full of ammo and running over again.
2. The big one hits and you won't get any more.

It pays to keep a supply on hand to cover either of the two possibilities and not have to panic and be looking for ammunition when it can't be found or the price is inflated due to shortages.

I unloaded piles of 9mm at a generous gain this past week. People can't get rid of their money fast enough.

Hang on to your surplus guns until the FBI shuts down the background check system due to CV. Those surplus pistols and AR's will be going for 4x normal retail price. I have a cheap AR I didn't pay $500 for. First person to offer $1,000 gets it. If it ain't gone before the defacto gun sale prohibition starts, that price goes to $2,000. I'll buy a new one again in the fall for $499.

***This is not an offer to sell, just sharing strategy.

I unloaded piles of 9mm at a generous gain this past week. People can't get rid of their money fast enough.

Hang on to your surplus guns until the FBI shuts down the background check system due to CV. Those surplus pistols and AR's will be going for 4x normal retail price. I have a cheap AR I didn't pay $500 for. First person to offer $1,000 gets it. If it ain't gone before the defacto gun sale prohibition starts, that price goes to $2,000. I'll buy a new one again in the fall for $499.

***This is not an offer to sell, just sharing strategy.
back in 08 or 09 when AR's were going for crazy money I sold a $500 M&P 15 for $1900. I own some nice ones now lol. One of the best things you can do is start handloading. Then you don't worry about ammo.

Back