The timing on getting plots in is always a balancing act for me. I generally have to wait until Oct. 1 to plant because of army worms and then have to watch the forecast closely because it basically doesn’t rain in October. Well, it generally doesn’t rain UNLESS there’s a tropical system in the Gulf.... and Hurricane Delta is headed our way. We’re expecting 9-12” of rain at home (Baton Rouge) but “only” 6” at my farm in SW Mississippi - do I skip work tomorrow and get my plots in or wait and plant on the backside of the storm? My plots are all on level ground so runoff isn’t normally a problem. I’ve already sprayed but don’t have much thatch. My normal routine is to broadcast seed and fertilizer, mow then lightly disc - but with 6” inches of rain I’m thinking that seed to soil contact won’t be a problem If I plant before the storm and that discing will just make a mess of things. Bottom line, I’m looking for some help thinking through whether I should plant tomorrow or wait until after the storm passes?